How To Play Slots
If you want to learn how to play slots and win, there’s no better place to do so than our comprehensive guide. With our tutorial, you will see just how easy it is to figure out even the most complicated-looking machines, since they all use the same underlying principle.
Probably the best way to start is to learn how to play penny slots. Also known as “classic casino slots”, they use the simplest versions of the mechanism, making them perfect for newbies.
- Start by learning the main screen. The vertical lines that spin independently are called “reels”. Classic online slots usually have three of them, the newer ones have five or sometimes even more.
- The objective of the game is to get three or more of the same symbol on adjacent reels to form a line, called a “payline”. These are determined in the rules – penny slots have one payline right through the middle of the reels, newer video slots have complicated payline structures – but don’t worry, you don’t have to memorize them all! Firstly, there’s a table of them (usually shown when you push the “paylines” button) and secondly, the slot machine tells you if you’ve won automatically, you don’t have to figure that out for yourself.
- The rules can differ slightly from machine to machine, but there’s one foolproof algorithm on ho to play slots machines – pick your paylines, pick your bet amount, click spin. That’s really all there is to it!
- Many slot machines available in the online casinos nowadays (yes, even the classic ones!) have special features, like scatters, wild symbols, free spins and mini-games. The “Wild” symbols can substitute for any other to form a winning combination, so that, simply speaking, you only need two of the same symbol and one wild to win a payout. Scatter symbols grant you a win if enough of them appear on the screen – and they don’t even have to be on the payline. Sometimes they’re also tied to free spins – if you see several scatter symbols, you get a couple of free games. You spin the reels as usual, only you don’t have to bet anything – and you keep the prize if you win!
- Now the bonus games come in all shapes and sizes, some of them may look just like regular spins, sometimes it’s a mini-game of basically any sort – shooters, arcades, card games…anything! Sometimes they arrive in shape of online casino bonuses, meaning that the casino has created a bonus mini-game themselves.
Hopefully we have explained the key points nicely for you! But, of course, the best way to learn how to play slots is to practice, so go ahead: pick a game and start spinning the reels! And if you want to play slots for real money you can do it too.